His­tory of the vision­ary demise of the SSHS .…..

5 years 7 months ago #464 by Stephanie Proud
For the his­tory buffs or insom­ni­acs out there
Attachments:

Please Log in or Cre­ate an account to join the conversation.

5 years 7 months ago #465 by Mark Croo­nen
Ah you’ve come a long way from your rab­ble rous­ing days Steph :)

5 years 7 months ago 5 years 7 months ago #466 by Stephanie Proud
Still a rab­ble rouser Mark, just do it in a more refined way these days!! :) Now I can’t find the link to attach the PDF.… bug­ger.… oops — just found it.
Attachments:

1 year 8 months ago #507 by Ben Grum­mels
Lost from Scar­bor­ough:
  1. Scar­bor­ough High School
  2. Adult com­mu­nity edu­ca­tion courses run by TAFE.
  3. Pub­lic land = 151 res­i­den­tial blocks
I’m not an estate agent but I esti­mate the value of each block last year (when the CoS and WA Gov.) invested in the Scar­bor­ough Beach rede­vel­op­ment, to be about $200,000. With that sce­nario local and state gov took away from Scar­bor­ough, at least $30M not count­ing the recur­rent cost of edu­ca­tor wages and main­te­nance etc.

What my ques­tion was at the CoS/​SBA/​MRA morn­ing brief­ing on 6÷6÷2017 and still is, how much has gov­ern­ment invested back into the Scar­bor­ough Beach rede­vel­op­ment?

I like the rede­vel­op­ment. I’m annoyed at the loss of edu­ca­tional invest­ment (espe­cially at a time when Church­lands SHS is burst­ing with more stu­dents than it was built for.) Scarboro-​ites have to travel to places like Leed­erville and North­bridge for fur­ther edu­ca­tion. That’s great for the cafes of those areas but does noth­ing for beach cafes.

Lost from Scar­bor­ough: Night voca­tional classes like weld­ing and inter­est­ing classes like cook­ing and music.

To the Min­is­ter of Plan­ning, please ask the min­is­ter of Edu­ca­tion to make a con­di­tion over the top, prop­erty devel­op­ers that they set aside enough floor space for a new Scar­bor­ough Senior High school /​com­mu­nity col­lege, maybe on the 17th and 18th floors of pro­posed high rises and a com­mit­ment for on going resource of local staff and equipment.

Time to cre­ate page: 0.313 seconds