New Forums

10 years 4 months ago #10 by Mark Croo­nen
Well speak­ing for us 40+ peo­ple, life’s pretty good. Noth­ing like a mide life cri­sis to make you feel alive.

For my par­tic­u­lar cri­sis I chose to get back into cycling but it wasn’t until I decided to do some moun­tain bike rid­ing that the fun really started. I had two rather nasty falls, noth­ing bro­ken but lots of miss­ing skin, cuts and bruses.

I didn’t think too much of it until it started emerg­ing that there were plenty of other guys in Can­berra in a sim­i­lar posi­tion. All 40+ try­ing to relive their youth by rid­ing moun­tain bike with lim­ited suc­cess. Some were true hor­ror with guys end­ing up in hos­pi­tal.

As one guy put it “when you are 40 your body doesn’t bounce like it did when it was 20:) amen to that.

look I’ve gone off topic alreay :woohoo:

Please Log in or Cre­ate an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #15 by ned1976
I hope you Can­berra chaps don’t try skate­board­ing oth­er­wise the machin­ery of gov­ern­ment will grind to a halt. I can rec­om­mend sky­div­ing it is much safer.

10 years 4 months ago #16 by Edmund Mac­Neeney
There are plenty of “safe” cycle­ways in Can­berra, per­haps you 40+s should stick to those. I can assure you its dif­fi­cult to fall off your bike on the flat regard­less of the speed you going at. But hurtling down a snaking moun­tain track at –what? 40km — 50kmn — that can only end in pain. I can’t really crit­i­cise though, at 4.00pm today I’ll be play­ing foot­ball (soc­cer) in an over 35 comp hav­ing already played twice this week in two seper­ate “all age” indoor soc­cer com­pe­ti­tions and trained once for the over 35s. I can tell you that doing that at age 54 puts a fair bit of strain on the knees. You can almost hear mine creak. Any­way it’s good to hear that peo­ple are exer­cis­ing, par­tic­u­larly the 40+s and 50+s. If it’s the out­come of a mid-​life cri­sis it’s a good out­come. (Except for the falls, do try and avoid them)

9 years 9 months ago #210 by Carol Hig­gins
screw get­ting old. ps Mike I am only 48 not 50 yet. lol

9 years 9 months ago #212 by Eric Erick­son
Old? Who’s old?

9 years 9 months ago #219 by Yvonne Smith
I am feel­ing old!

Uhm is that an off topic post??

Time to cre­ate page: 0.246 seconds