DEAN­MOREDEMOLITION!!!

8 years 10 months ago #336 by Eric E.
We started the week in fine style with a great atten­dance at out P&C Meet­ing. Par­ents and staff gath­ered to con­sider the many events that will occur before we say farewell to the Old Dean­more. Please note that the Big Bang Fam­ily Evening will now take place on Fri­day 3 Decem­ber.

Please Log in or Cre­ate an account to join the conversation.

8 years 9 months ago #337 by Sharon Hall
Photo doesn’t quite fit my rec­ol­lec­tion of the place — but then again maybe I didn’t see it from the air — it always seemed so big to me! Sad to hear it is due for demo­li­tion — but then that’s progress — land is worth more & kids are fewer in the area I sup­pose. Strange my kids used to bitch about walk­ing 500 metres to school! I can remem­ber the long trek from Nau­tilus Cres­cent — half of it through unde­vel­oped sand dunes — what a choice — the sand dunes or that f…ing big hill at the end of Sackie Ter­race! Teach­ers — Grade 1 Mrs Hanafan (remem­ber pur­ple rinse hair & face pow­der) — Grade 2 Mrs Hill (shorter lady than Mrs Hanafan — permed hair — think we only had her for 12 a year) (This also was the year I think that one of our class­mates died after an oper­a­tion on a hole in her heart — Kathryn Hill — i think). Grade 3 & 4 was Mr Waters — (was always excit­ing when he brought the triplets to school) — Grade 5 Mr Bux­allen (mem­o­ries of poems — I think he was crazy about them Hsst Hark — some­thing some­thing — dark — writ­ten by Hilaire Bel­loc if I remem­ber) — oh & he was con­stantly pre­tend­ing to pitch cricket balls down the aisles of desks. Grade 6 & 7 — Mr Brock­man — Tall — great teacher!

8 years 9 months ago 8 years 9 months ago #338 by Robert Erick­son
I used to cut through the flats at the end of Coral? St. Just had to dodge the angry res­i­dents who didn’t like the lit­tle bug­gers tres­pass­ing. Pretty mean I think.

I remem­ber all those teach­ers you men­tioned. I think Mr Bux­allen was par­tic­u­larly fond of Mug­wumps if re-​call cor­rectly. I was in 3rd or 4th year (sorry year 10 or 11) one day and got on the old 262 bus up Sackie Tce and who should get on but Mrs Han­nafan. I’m sure she was an alien or some­thing because she looked exactly the same as in grade 1. The really bizarre thing was.….… she saw me and said Hello Robert. How are you doing in High School. Very good mem­ory that lady.

The old place looks a bit classier than when I was there.

8 years 9 months ago #339 by Robert Erick­son
So,

Do we need to turn up to some­thing to be sad, feel old and say goodbye?

8 years 9 months ago 8 years 9 months ago #341 by Erin Kingston
Nope, stay home, feel old and sad, and hope the Old­timers kicks in.
Progress sucks sometimes.

8 years 8 months ago #342 by Robert Erick­son
OK

Sounds good.

I’ll do that.

If I remember.

Time to cre­ate page: 0.293 seconds