Wel­come to the new forums

10 years 4 months ago #8 by Ross Shar­land
I was not aware that the site was “bro­ken”. I had assumed that my inabil­ity to access var­i­ous sec­tions (eg Forums) was attrib­ut­able to my inep­ti­tude in respect of all things com­put­erised.

So far, on the cur­rent site, I am unable to access some areas (eg In Memo­riam — it seems to be barred by my virus check­ing thingy — or the parental con­trol seg­ment of it — I am sure that I will work it out in due course.)

(I note that one for­mer teacher from SSHS, dur­ing early-​mid 1960’s had her obit­u­ary in The West Aus­tralian this morn­ing.)

I will keep access­ingthe site and hope to work every­thing out in due course.

Please Log in or Cre­ate an account to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #9 by Mark Croo­nen
Ross wrote:

So far, on the cur­rent site, I am unable to access some areas (eg In Memo­riam — it seems to be barred by my virus check­ing thingy — or the parental con­trol seg­ment of it — I am sure that I will work it out in due course.)

thanks for the feed­back, is any­one else hav­ing prob­lems access­ing “In Memo­riam” sec­tion?

Please let me know

10 years 4 months ago 10 years 4 months ago #12 by ned1976
Yes I tried it and it came up with a 403 “not autho­rised to view page” error. I had no indi­ca­tions it’s an antivirus or anti­spy­ware prob­lem.

Oth­er­wise the site looks great and thanks for revamp­ing it again.

10 years 4 months ago #14 by Mark Croo­nen
finally I think I have fixed it! Always the prob­lem I had the secu­rity set in a num­ber of places.

10 years 3 months ago #23 by Ross Shar­land
A few posts above, shortly after this site was “re-​invented”, I com­mented that I wasn’t aware that the for­mer site was bro­ken. The older peo­ple amongst us, born & edu­cated PC (pre-​computers), are not always sure whether those blasted elec­tonic things are work­ing as they should.

Would some­one please let me know if the site is again “bro­ken”.

Each day, I look up the Forum bit and click on the “Show Lat­est Posts” thingy. Those “lat­est posts” are now three or four weeks old.

Where have the (for­merly) reg­u­lar posters gone?

Whilst once again attempt­ing to deplete NW fish­ing stocks, has “Robin­son” been mis­taken for a croc­o­dile?

Is “Racer” suf­fer­ing flat tyres?

Has that leg­endary tip­ster “Von­nee” been too busily engaged in analysing the form of the nation’s foot­ballers?

Is “Burnsy” act­ing riotously in Bangkok?

Is “Tubbsy” now danc­ing under tables?

Has “Snake­man” been bit­ten?

Is “Bunta” unable to pro­vide the answer to his last quiz ques­tion — posed some three or what­ever years ago?

If noth­ing new appears on this site, should I con­tinue look­ing at it each day?
Indeed, if the site is again “bro­ken”, am I a mug to con­tinue hop­ing to find fresh con­tent?
If the site itself is not now bro­ken, is it the elec­tron­i­cally illit­er­ate me that is bro­ken? Is my com­puter bro­ken? Are all the (for­mer) posters men­tioned above (and numer­ous oth­ers, of course)simultaneously “out of order”?

Please accept my apolo­gies if I have quoted any of the above names incor­rectly. It has been so long since I have seen them in print, my mem­ory of them is now vague. That sort of thing does hap­pen as one ages.

Can some­one please tell me whether it is the site, me, my com­puter or some­thing else that, judg­ing from the absence of recent posts, is broken.

10 years 2 months ago #24 by Ross Shar­land
Crikey — only one post to this forum in the past month — and that was from me a week ago lament­ing the lack of posts.

Per­haps we should re-​name the forum part of this site: “Mars” — owing to the extremely low like­li­hood of ever find­ing life here!

Rather than daily vis­it­ing the site, for­lornly hop­ing to dis­cover some form of life, I guess that I will now do as appar­ently every other user of the site (includ­ing for­merly reg­u­lar posters)does.

I will now only visit “Mars” on the occur­rence of each blue moon!

Time to cre­ate page: 0.255 seconds