Does anyone remember Mrs Kelynack

• Linda Taylor
  • Linda Taylor's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 7 months ago #502 by Linda Taylor
Does anyone remember Mrs Kelynack was created by Linda Taylor
I remember her well. She was incredibly strict but a brilliant teacher and was the reason I achieved my Leaving Stenography.. I didn't really appreciate her until years later. I actually met up with her when she was in her latter years and went to her home in Duke Street for afternoon tea and she was still teaching then. She was an amazing lady.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #503 by Ross Sharland
Replied by Ross Sharland on topic Does anyone remember Mrs Kelynack
Linda,

Thank you for writing on Mrs Kelynack who also taught Accountancy to Leaving level at SSHS.

Immediately following my last Leaving exam in 1969 (which happened to be Accountancy) I left for the North West of the state.

One thing that I did notice in towns such as Carnarvon, Newman and Kununurra was that the local public accountant was an ex SSHS (and former Mrs Kelynack) student. Obviously, the people involved had studied Accountancy beyond high school and had degrees in Commerce or similar.

Given that towns such as Newman and Kununurra were in their infancy at the time, it is interesting (to me at any rate) to reflect on the development of mining and agricultural industries in the state and the impact that one school teacher from Scarborough might have had on them (through initially introducing the local accountants to their profession).

One former, regular contributor to this site was related to Mrs K. (Grandson; Great Nephew or similar).

Once again, thank you for reminding me of Mrs K.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds