The Boyfriend — 1975

10 years 2 months ago #29 by ned1976
Remem­ber this one, pro­duced by Kevin Sadler & Mrs Ban­durski(?)? I was in the cho­rus (the skin­ni­est, whitest beach bum). Main char­ac­ters were played by Les­ley Baker, Petra Konowalous, Mike Rus­sell(?), Joe Coua­nis(?), Tony Bet­tridge, Rob Nor­ris & oth­ers whose names escape me. Some cho­rus mem­bers: Melanie Bain­bridge, Nicola Hef­fer­nan, Karen Bates, Jenny Cole, Robyn Udell, Stu­art South, Jacob Heitz… I recall Lurch & I ignited a hydro­gen filled bal­loon in the change rooms dur­ing one per­for­mance, the explo­sion was deaf­en­ing & burnt the hair off the back of my hands (but not the palms) so we bolted pretty quick.
There are a cou­ple of pho­tos in the gallery, posted by Miss Von­nee I think.

How the wheel turns. Rob Nor­ris’ daugh­ter is audi­tion­ing for a role in her high school’s pro­duc­tion of the boyfriend. I went to Rob’s place & trans­ferred his old LP of The Boyfriend to CD and MP3s. Lis­ten­ing to it trig­gered mem­o­ries of the songs, play & peo­ple which I hadn’t thought of for years.

Rob’s daugh­ter is also an inde­pen­dent thinker and is show­ing a dis­turb­ing ten­dency to accu­mu­late eccen­tric friends…

Please Log in or Cre­ate an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago #170 by Yvonne Smith
Yes I had a cou­ple of pho­tos that I put up a while back, not sure it they are still around.

9 years 10 months ago #175 by ned1976
Good to see you back Miss Von­nee. The pho­tos are in the gallery under “Sev­en­ties” I think, poss. “Mis­cel­la­neous”.

I saw the play the week­end before last — it was a pri­vate school and very pro­fes­sion­ally done, head­set mikes and all.
Rob’s daugh­ter was in the cho­rus but had rehearsed for some of the main parts, not bad as she’s only Year 10. One of her mates played Pierre as they were short of boys. Only one of the boys could sing, unlike the Scabs ver­sion where most did pretty well with­out amplification.

8 years 6 months ago #360 by Nicola Hef­fer­nan
I remem­ber it very well Michelle Bot­ica was in the cho­rus. We had a scene where the girls were in the neck to knees bathers and when the scene was chang­ing and the lights dimmed one of the girls fell on top of those sit­ting in a group. Lights came up and there was a mess of bod­ies on top of each other. Where is every­one from the class of 1976?

8 years 6 months ago #361 by Carol Hig­gins
i dont remem­ber the boyfriend but i remem­ber a mid­sum­mer nights dream I was a flower. I only di it to get out of maths I think. lol

7 years 8 months ago #415 by Michael Rus­sell
I also remem­ber it well (Mike Rus­sell here) — my singing voice was so ter­ri­ble I had to ‘say’ the words rather than sing them :)

Time to cre­ate page: 0.261 seconds