where did you live

9 years 9 months ago #240 by Erin Kingston
Wil­leton Rd, Kar­rinyup. The house is still there, we only (only!!! huh!) built in 1975. It was a long walk to school, and I hated it. But I hated spen­ing 40c of my pocket money to catch the bus up to Kar­rinyup shops even more.

Please Log in or Cre­ate an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #263 by Eric E.
Erin Kingston wrote:

Wil­leton Rd, Kar­rinyup. The house is still there, we only (only!!! huh!) built in 1975. It was a long walk to school, and I hated it. But I hated spen­ing 40c of my pocket money to catch the bus up to Kar­rinyup shops even more.

40c!!!!!

It was three­pence on the bus “up the hill” (Sackville Tce) four stops. Then the changed it to five cents!

I guess that was a while before your bus trip­ping time :laugh:

9 years 8 months ago #266 by Ray Hard­ing
211 Alice st short walk to school easy to walk to beach etc with mates hell in those days we walked every­where no prob­lem , we were one of the very first houses built in the street

9 years 8 months ago #267 by Karen Evans
30 Fer­maner St, on the other side of the Kar­rinyup Shop­ping Cen­tre which was just a tin shed basi­cally on the cor­ner of Kar­rinyup Rd and Fran­cis ave when we moved in (1965). My older broth­ers and sis­ters had to walk through the bush to get to high school. Kar­rinyup Shop­ping Cen­tre opened up the year I started high school. The house is still there but many oth­ers have been redeveloped.

9 years 8 months ago #269 by Jason Blak­iston
Kings­ley, two busses there and back, until they built the train line.……

I came to Scabor­ough for the lan­guages pro­gram.

:)

9 years 8 months ago #270 by Alan Pugh
99 Mil­ver­ton Ave just up the road from Wayne Black­well, then par­ents divorced and moved to Sackville Ter­race right at the top of the hill. Loooong walk to school from there. I always remem­ber the sign at the house at the very top, “Beware of the Crocidile“

Time to cre­ate page: 0.565 seconds