The Eagles

8 years 5 months ago #390 by Mark Croo­nen
Well as a bit of primer, to try and gen­er­ate some con­ser­va­tion around here, how about a good footy thread. In par­tic­u­lar how about the Eagles this year, not a bad turn around from last year hey?

Of course, this comes from a com­mit­ted blues fan. Just remem­ber we trained Wosha up to be the coach that he is today, so you can thank us for that :)

Please Log in or Cre­ate an account to join the conversation.

8 years 5 months ago 8 years 5 months ago #401 by Robert Erick­son
I sup­pose you also trained up Josh Kennedy.

Just remem­ber we trained up Chris Judd. The one no one would take because of his dodgy shoul­ders.

Still. I think think Kerr and Cousins were on a par with Judd. Cousins has a Brown­low and Kerr is a two time run­ner up.

8 years 5 months ago #402 by Robert Erick­son
Yes I am an Eagles trgic

8 years 4 months ago #403 by Ross Shar­land
There is prob­a­bly an oint­ment or pill for that con­di­tion now. You should enquire at your chemist.

The dif­fi­culty with AFL fix­tures these days (apart from the non-​travel bias towards Vic­to­rian teams) is that you can’t really draw a line on form until most of the teams have played each other once — which take smost of the sea­son.

A team can be high or low on the lad­der depend­ing upon whom they are play­ing. A string of “eas­ier” games (against lower place teams) sees some wins, a rise up the lad­der and press acclaim. A string of tough games against the higher placed, stronger teams has the oppo­site effect.

Com­pare Essendon with North Mel­bourne this sea­son.

Wea­gles have a tough month ahead. We can assess their posi­tion bet­ter at the end of that time.

Freo, sav­aged by injuries thus far, have a rel­a­tively eas­ier run home — with their bet­ter play­ers return­ing.

Those teams who have had lit­tle or no injuries dur­ing the year will, at least, have tired play­ers come Sep­tem­ber.

Over­all, I sus­pect that the AFL is los­ing some cred­i­bil­ity in the com­mu­nity. Their pol­icy, pub­licly stated last year, is to estab­lish a set of fix­tures to max­imise prof­its. The fair­ness of the com­pe­ti­tion, accord­ing to the AFL, is not a fac­tor in deter­min­ing fix­tures.

Given that pol­icy, it is hard to real­is­ti­cally sup­port the code.

You may bar­rack for a team — but can you be ahppy with the over­all competition.

8 years 4 months ago #404 by Mark Croo­nen
Well I’m just going to shut my mouth now. And no mat­ter what any­one says about today’s game it can’t be worse the going over I’m cur­rently get­ting from my 8 year old :) Who is a ded­i­cated eagles fan

Time to cre­ate page: 0.266 seconds