World Mas­ters Sydney

9 years 9 months ago #249 by Edmund Mac­Neeney
Any­one par­tic­i­pat­ing in the World Mas­ters cur­rently under­way here in Syd­ney? I’ve just played in an over 50s foot­ball (soc­cer) match which unfor­tu­nately we lost 13. We have still got 4 more games before the finals so we could still qual­ify — even if we don’t it’s still good fun.

Cheers Edd

Please Log in or Cre­ate an account to join the conversation.

9 years 9 months ago #250 by Mark Croo­nen
I com­ing down for the cycling on Thurs­day and Fri­day at East­ern Creek. Where are they hold­ing the foot­ball?

If you are still in town on Wednes­day let me know.

9 years 9 months ago #254 by Edmund Mac­Neeney
Hi Mark, the over 50s com­pe­ti­tion is being held at East­ern Hills Park which is in the North West of Syd­ney. (A fair way from East­ern Creek) Unfor­tu­nately we failed to make the finals but did win our final game today 41. All the best for the cycling, I would get over there to watch but to be hon­est I can hardly walk at the moment.

Cheers Edd

9 years 9 months ago #255 by Mark Croo­nen
Well I pulled off a sev­enth place in 4044 indi­vid­ual time trial today, I was pretty happy with that con­sid­er­ing I didn’t have one of those spe­cial­ist time trial bikes and aero hel­met. Still aver­aged over 40k\hr for the 19k. Tomor­row I’ve got the road race which should be inter­est­ing, tight course, over 100 rid­ers it could get ugly.

9 years 9 months ago #256 by Edmund Mac­Neeney
Hi Mark, I’m a social cyclist which means I know how hard it is to main­tain a speed of 40km for 20km, I can usu­ally man­age 25-​30km an hour for that dis­tance. Over 40km an hour is awe­some — well done. I’m not sur­prised you did so well at that speed. Good luck tomor­row.

Cheers Edd

9 years 9 months ago #257 by Mark Croo­nen
Well after my good per­for­mance in the time trial I bonked in the 70k road race com­ing in 48th place. I guess the legs didn’t recover in time. Still it was a good race and had an awe­some sprint fin­ish.

The first time ever I have maxed out my heart rate, at 41 my the­o­ret­i­cal max heart rate is 179 and that is what I manged to get it to in the sprint fin­ish.

The World Mas­ters was a great event, I had a great time attend­ing, the best thing is at 41 I felt like one of the young guys again :)

As penance for my poor per­for­mance in the road race I did 175k ride on Sat­ur­day from Can­berra to Goul­burn and return.

Time to cre­ate page: 0.245 seconds