Anzac Day 2009

10 years 3 months ago #20 by Mike
Those who wish to join me again at Kar­rakata for Anzac Day 25th April 2009 will need to let me know soon. Your name will need to be recorded, and you must have photo ID to get into Irwin Bar­racks (Stubbs Tce. Kar­rakata, Perth)on the Day.

Cheers,
Mike.….….….……

Please Log in or Cre­ate an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #25 by Ross Shar­land
Dear Mike,

I hope you have a great time in observ­ing Anzac day and all that that entails.

It is a good thing that we have the Mon­day pub­lic hol­i­day in Perth. I sus­pect that many peo­ple may need the full two days to recover!

Ross Sharland

10 years 2 months ago #27 by Mark Croo­nen
Well I couldn’t make to Kar­rakata so I decided stop at the Dawn Ser­vice at the Aus­tralian War Memo­r­ial in Can­berra. Even with the weather it was really great to see such a crowd. Of course the rain made for a quick exo­dus after the ser­vice. I’ve never seen such a wall of peo­ple in such a hurry to leave.

The great­est plea­sure for me is the fact that my nine year son insists on com­ing to the dawn ser­vice with me. It’s his sec­ond year of going to the dawn ser­vice. While he appre­ci­ates what the ser­vice is for I think the idea of a hot break­fast after the ser­vice also moti­vates him. :-)

10 years 2 months ago #33 by BJORN­HOLT
My son is in Aus­tralia (first time as an adult) and I’m proud to say attended the dawn ser­vice at Kings Park!! He has been hear­ing sto­ries from his Grand­fa­ther (who served in New Guinea)!

10 years 1 month ago #68 by Mike
I must say that this year’s ANZAC DAY would be in the top 2 of all time! The only sour note is that ANZAC House ripped us all off with over-​priced semi chilled beer in plas­tic cups! Mon­grel B@$$#=s.….……

10 years 1 month ago #71 by Mark Croo­nen
hmmm, you needed to go to plan B, rum and plenty of it.

Time to cre­ate page: 0.253 seconds